This year’s Oxjam Beeston Music Festival is going ahead as planned. Members of the organising team were unanimous that they would carry on, in the belief that the Beeston community would support our aims.
These are quite simple: to mount a programme of varied musical events, provide a platform for local musicians, put on a great community event and raise money for Oxfam. Regarding the issues that the charity has had in the last couple of months, the local Oxjam Team is publishing a statement on its website.
Plans for this year’s Festival are in the early stages. Already we are looking at the following events:
- a pub quiz (date and venue to be confirmed)
- an ‘unplugged’ event (date and venue to be confirmed)
- Takeover Day – Saturday 13th October, midday to the early hours, in various venues around the town, many familiar, some new
- Classical Oxjam – Saturday 17th November, Beeston Parish Church
- Oxjam Ceilidh – Saturday 1st December, Royal British Legion Social Club
We have already had enquiries, some asking us to confirm we are going ahead – which we are happy to do. We’ve also had messages from those who would like to perform and those who would like to volunteer.
Would-be performers should look out for ‘Registration’ when it opens in late May or early June. This will be available on-line. NB Artists for Unplugged and Classical are by invitation but we would be happy to hear from anyone who would like to perform at either.
Volunteer registration will open in late August.
Our website is currently undergoing a refurb but do check it at www.oxjambeeston.org or visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/oxjambeestontakeover/) – again, bear with us if the content is a bit behind the times!
We can be contacted via a message to our Facebook page.